Classic winter jacket in a new down version from Swedish Fjällräven.
Greenland down Parka has an outer surface of the classic G-1000 Original material, exactly like the classic Greenland Jacket which has been unchanged since 1968. Nevertheless, the slightly different, it is lined. Mixture consists of 80% goose down and 20% feather.
The outer fabric, the original G-1000, waxed already know the weave and is therefore very strongly water repellent. Greenland Down Jacket can with advantage be impregnated with Fjällrävens after Greenland Wax in order to maintain the water repellent properties.
As the classic Greenland Parka has the feather filled Edition also two practical pockets at the hip. The pockets can be opened both from above and from the side. In addition, My Morning Jacket has two chest pockets and one inside pocket. The zipper on the front parkas is a convenient 2-way zipper and will be protected from wind and water by a G-1000 strip that fastens with press studs.
Fjällrävens Greenland Down Parka combines durability with strong water-repellent properties and a good heat, and will get you dry and warm through the winter.
Here see the official website, there are winter coats similarly for maternity.
Every year there are new trends, but there are clothes that don’t seem to suffer the influence of the maelstrom of the fashion and the jacket trucker is one of the biggest examples of this.
But who was responsible for the creation of this iconic piece of menswear?
If the name Levi Strauss (or Levi’s) pipocou in your mind, you are correct.See more about the creation of the jacket trucker below:
The history of the trucker jacket
In the 1880’s – a few years after the creation of jeans that gave rise to Levi’s and started all of the reign of the denim in workwear, passing then to the young fashion – Levi Strauss brought to the world the first denim jacket. But still it was not a question of the jacket trucker that we know today, the model was quite different, but the way was opened for a series of experiments of style that would culminate in the invention of the acclaimed piece in 1962, the jacket 577xx or “type III”, so named because it was preceded by two other models, one of them, 1900 (type I) and another 1952 (type II), before talking about the trucker, we will address these two cases.
The Denim Jacket Type Ii (506xx) Levi’s
The model is more rustic and, in some respects, distant from the jacket trucker. Get to know their characteristics:
- Appeared at the beginning of the 1900’s, no flaps on single pocket located in the middle of the back and without the red label that just started being used in 1936;
- In the back they had a “clincher” or “martingale”, a strap with buckle that helps, along with think about, to adjust the workpiece;
- The traditional label of leather of the pants was a stop on the inner part of the jacket;
- The dash yellow were already part of the piece;
- It was standard fit, or is trim straight and a little loose.
The Denim Jacket Type II 507xx) Levi’s
The type two was launched in 1957 and has undergone few modifications:
- The jacket shall have two pockets protected by the flap and located in the half of the back;
- The martingale system is replaced by two straps buttoned to adjust the waist;
- The think are more to the side.
- I continued with the trim straight.
The 577xx (type III)
Now that you know a bit of the models leading up to the trucker, you can notice the advancement in the design and modernity of the trim.
The characteristics of the classic trucker jacket (or jacket trucker) are very simple, but extremely striking:
- Made in jeans, she possessed a trim more set, but, obviously, this has changed from one decade to another;
- Collar similar to that found in other jackets such as the bomber, for example;
- Two pockets at chest height, protected by flaps pointy;
- From the half of years 80 she went on to have two side pockets at the height of the belly to put your hands and protect them from the cold;
- Two straps with buttons for adjustment in back part served to leave the part more acinturada;
- Closed by metal buttons, similar to those found on jeans;
- In the models in the Levi’s it is possible to see the red tab (red label) in the left pocket of the chest;
- A seam runs across the chest, reinforcing the flaps of the pockets, and two more go down to that same point up to the waist, these seams are one of the hallmarks of this model, helping to identify it more easily.
Changes with the passing of the years
Today the jacket trucker is imitated by hundreds of brands who always try to create some differential in your product, the very Levi’s has already released until a version of leather – very beautiful, by the way – and I still think that a few brands can do it with the same excellence.
Today it is common to find the jacket trucker twill and in a variety of colors, with brown emerging in recent years as a strong trend. Are also high the of suede or suede, but in the winter the velvet may be the best option for those who want to keep warm, or else the type shearling, with the collar or even the entire interior is fur-lined.
Advantages of the jacket trucker jeans and the reasons of its success
- Extremely durable– it is common to find people that have jackets trucker for 20 or 30 years;
- Practice– can be combined with a myriad of clothing of different styles;
- Versatile– works to work (casual) or leisure;
- Very sturdy– was not for nothing that became a faithful companion of american workers, have you ever tried to rip a trucker jeans?
- Timeless piece– continues to make success as if it had just been released;
- Call young– despite being a cinquentona, does not have guy clothes retro, on the contrary, it is synonymous with casual clothes also among adolescents;
- Striking Visual– it is a piece full of personality and with a lot of visual original;
- Comfortable– neither too hot, nor too cold, can be used in half a season and in the winter, allowing overlays on colder days or wear with the sleeves folded in the warm!
Where to buy a trucker jacket men
The original model of Levi’s can be found for sale on the official website of the brand. Unfortunately the vintage 506xx and 507xx are not available in Brazil, but can be found in Mr. Porter, among other virtual stores.
5 stars 0 % 4 stars 100 % 3 stars 0 % 2 stars 0 % 1 star 0 %
Fjällräven Greenland Down Liner Jacket Women’s
Fjällräven Greenland Down Jacket Women
Fjällräven Greenland No. 1 Down Jacket at Zappos.com
Greenland Women’s Jacket
Fjällräven Greenland Down Jacket Women, Green
Fjällräven Greenland No.1 Down down jacket brown blue
Womens Fjällräven Greenland No. 1 Down Jacket Fog/Sand …
Fjallraven Women’s Greenland Parka Light Jacket
Fjallraven Greenland Down Jacket
Fjällräven Greenland Women Parka
Fjällräven Greenland No. 1 Down Jacket Tarmac/Dark Olive …
Fjallraven Greenland No 1 Down Jacket